Hell has been relocated!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://myhellisotherpeople.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday 4 April 2009

Recruitment consultants

OK, so I know that this is like shooting fish in a barrel, but I have to spend a few minutes talking about one of my favourite subjects, the ineptitude of Recruitment Consultants.

Now I know there are some good ones out there, predominantly working undercover in Outer Mongolia, but for the main part these guys have the same value to society as wasps or methane.  Not content with actually charging for doing fairly much next to nothing and trying to apply contractual terms that even Fred Goodwin would feel embarrassed about, they actually do it very very badly.

A couple of my favourite incidents from the past,

-  The consultant who sent me a CV of someone who still worked for my company
-  The consultant who sent me a CV of someone that I had only months earlier sacked ("but they are really interested in coming back to work there")
-  The consultant who spoke to a candidate saying they were recruiting on my behalf, then spoke to me and said that a candidate had just approached them - without realising that we knew eachother

This is on top of the misrepresentation, the poor briefing, the manipulation of salary details and general lack of understanding of business.

Their Mums and Dads must be so proud.............

No comments: