Hell has been relocated!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://myhellisotherpeople.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Union of convenience

First let me say, I am not a union basher.  I believe the organisation of labour is important both morally, philosophically and practically....sometimes you need a helping hand to manage those precious little babies!  

The one thing that has struck me over the last few years is how the Unions have become less driven by the needs of their members and more driven by internal targets and political goals.  On two occasions over the last few weeks I have been told by senior officials "its a policy that we need to target xxxx".  

Maybe its me, but if I was a member I'd be asking some questions about whose interests are being served, about accountability and about transparency.

Blimey, are the unions the new banks????

No comments: